The Saint Louis Soccer Club was founded in 1932 and have been known as the Arches since 1968 when they added the Gateway Arch to their badge. It took the team almost 20 years to be promoted to the Premier league, and since they have had minor success winning two league titles and 4 US Open Cups. They play their games at Soulard Park which has been their home since 1940. Leroy Rosenior briefly played for the club in the mid 1980s.
The team's logo features the Apotheosis of St. Louis, a statue of King Louis IX surrounded by the Saint Louis Arch. The team's uniforms are fairly basic with the only decoration being the adidas stripes and a subtle Arch shape sublimated on the front of each jersey. Primary uniform is maroon over light blue over maroon and the change kit is the mirror image. The goalies wear Arch Silver from head to toe.
Location: St. Louis, MO / Nickname: Arches / Stadium: Soulard Park / Founded: 1932