Tampa and St. Petersburg each had a team in America League with St. Petersburg SC starting play in 1940 and Tampa SC starting in 1950. The teams were able to coexist until the mid 60s when both teams started seeing attendance suffer. So, in 1976, a merger was negotiated where St. Petersburg would “buy” Tampa and they’d take over St. Petersburg spot in America One. They’ve mostly stayed in America One playing their games at Stoney Pointe.
The team's logo is split 50/50 with the identities of each former team and city with icons from the flag. Overall, it’s the shape of a cigar label (hence their nickname "Cigars") with a Pelican and pink representing St. Petersburg and a ship and green representing Tampa.
The team's uniform carries the half and half theme. The primary features a half and half jersey over white with a green sock and a pink sock. The change kit is a white raglan with a green sleeve and pink sleeve over white shorts and white socks.
Location: Tampa, FL / Nickname: Cigars / Stadium: Davis Island Grounds / Founded: 1976